How does it work?
Making your Booking with Us
We appreciate that plans may change therefore we maintain a flexible alterations policy to existing bookings. With at least 48 hours’ notice, customers are able to change the dates of their booking subject to availability for free (up to two times).
Cancellations and refunds
- Cancellation of any tour made over 7 days before the activity date will receive 100% refund.
- Cancellation of any tour made between 7 days and 1 day before the activity date will receive a 70% refund.
- Cancellation of any tour made less than 24 hours prior to the activity date will not be refunded.
Cancellations for group bookings of 10 or more guests must be made 7 days prior to the activity date in order to receive any refund.
Cancellations can be made by contacting Arctic Adventure Tours at email@example.com or calling us directly on +47 456 35 288.
Please note we are unable to refund 100% for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the activity date for any reason including sickness, injury and flight disruptions and advise guests to purchase adequate travel insurance prior.
Refunded funds maybe affected by variations in exchange rates at the time of cancellation. Arctic Adventure Tours will refund using the exchange rates on the date of the refund.
Arctic Adventure Tours AS and our partners reserve the right to cancel the activity at any point for safety reasons. In this event you will receive a full refund.
Booking & Cancellation
To join our Weeklong Dog Sledding Expedition, we ask for a non-refundable deposit of 30%. This deposit covers the pre-departure expenses and therefore is not refunded in the event of cancellation by the guest. The reservation is only complete once this deposit has been received.
Final payment is due minimum of 4 weeks prior to the departure date. You are welcome to make payments via bank transfer, our online booking system, or via transfer companies such as Transferwise. Please email the office to discuss payment plans if needed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weeklong expedition bookings must be cancelled at latest 30 days prior to departure to be eligible for a refund (minus the deposit).
- The final payment of the expedition must be paid at least 6 weeks prior to the trip. The deposit is non-refundable.
- Reservations are only confirmed once the deposit has been paid.
- Weeklong expedition bookings must be cancelled at latest 30 days prior to departure to be eligible for a refund (minus the deposit).
Cancellations made 60 days prior to departure are eligible for a full refund of the remainder of the payments (minus the deposit).
Cancellations made 30 to 59 days prior to departure are entitled to 50% refund of the remainder of the payments (minus the deposit) .
Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure are not eligible for a refund.
Terms & Conditions
We welcome guests from all walks of life but there are several points to consider before joining this expedition.
You do not need any previous outdoor experience, we provide everything to stay safe and warm but this is a real adventure. This expedition is designed to be a challenge.
For many guests, it is their first time dog sledding, however, a moderate to high level of fitness is required to participate. Dog sledding is a physically demanding sport. It requires balance, stamina and some strength.
- Arctic Adventure Tours holds the right to change or modify the itinerary in the case of unsuitable or unsafe conditions.
- The minimum age for this activity is 15 years old. Under 18s need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants need their own private travel insurance which covers outdoor activites.
- Participants must disclose any medical/health conditions that could impact their ability to participate in the expedition. Failure to do so could result in being asked to leave the group.
- The expedition is unsuitable for pregnant women, people with back pain and those with mobility issues.
- The expedition is undertaken at the risk of the participant and they acknowledge they have considered any potential risks to their health and safety. Arctic Adventure Tours require that you confirm your assumption of this responsibility by completing the participation waiver prior to departing on the expedition.
- Participants must meet requirements laid out by Arctic Adventure Tours to join the expedition.
- Participants must understand that the location and environment where the expedition takes place means it is unfeasible to opt out once we have begun, unless it is an emergency. Participants will incur extra costs if they wish to end the trip without it being deemed absolutely necessary. This will include hiring a driver and snowmobile for a day, prices starting from 3000 NOK.
- The hotel on the final night is at the expense of the participants and it is their responsibilty to secure accomodation for this date.
- The meal on the the final night is at the expense of the participant.
- The participant must agree to Arctic Adventure Tours terms & conditions to participate.
The expedition leads us into remote and mountainous areas and we experience a variety of terrain. You will need to work as part of the team and help the dogs, especially uphill! There will be some running, pushing and scooting with the sled.
We cover long distances, meaning standing on the sled for long periods of time, with only short breaks (approximately 6 hours per day).
Overall, it is an active and hands-on trip. To join, you must be capable to set up camp, walk in heavy snow, tend to your dogs and be actively involved. Guides are there to help you but most of the work is done by you.
Please consider the below requirements in assessing your suitability to join this trip.
- General physical fitness
- Ability to jog/run uphill
- Good balance and mobility
- A tight grip
- A level of strength to hold onto the sled and press on the brake with your feet
- Ability to walk in heavy snow
- Ability to set up a tent solo (our guides can demonstrate this
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Happy to eat and drink on the go
- Positive and resilient attitude
Please note, that once the expedition has started there is extremely limited options to end early, unless it an emergency or deemed absolutely necessary.
We head to very remote areas in the Arctic wilderness which are not accessible by road or close to settlements. At many points, it is unfeasible to opt out once we have begun.
If there is an option at the time and you wish to end the trip early then you will not be entitled to a refund and will incur extra costs to cover the logistics. This will include hiring a driver and snowmobile for a day, prices starting from 3000 NOK.
Please note how difficult it is to arrange this and it is not something we consider lightly, it would affect the group and itinerary. This is something to be aware of when considering your ability to book this expedition.
We strongly recommend that you have insurance to cover medical evacuation, baggage loss and to take part in ‘adventure sports’ including dogsledding. It can be wise to also insure against incidents such as air strikes or delayed travel.
Please be at the pick-up spot at least 10 minutes before the departure time. We will do our best to identify ourselves to guests who are waiting for the transport. However it is the responsibility of the guest be on time and identify themselves to our driver.
If you miss the departure time, guests are responsible for any costs occurred for acquiring private transportation to the activity. In some cases it might be to late to reach the activity site in time. All lost payments or extra costs on the guests in these cases are non-refundable.
Change of location
Arctic Adventure Tours AS reserve the right to change activity locations without prior notice. In such an event the booking department will do everything possible to get in touch with you before the activity starts. A change of location will only take place for necessary safety reasons or due to weather conditions such as snow or high winds.
Injuries, losses or damages
Arctic Adventure Tours AS are not liable for any injuries, losses or damages.
We operate our tours every day except for the 24th December.
Our phone line is open from 08:00 to 20:00.
0047 456 35 288
Check our FAQ page