Northern Lights Guide (Full-time job Oct-March)
Arctic Adventure Tours is a family run company in Tromsø, Norway. Our team is experienced and love to share their passion for outdoor activities. Together we are offering the top experiences in Northern-Norway. We provide nature-based guided tours like dog sledding, boat trips and northern lights tours. We promote a professional and high quality service within a friendly work environment.
We are expanding our northern lights team and seeking for a guide from October 2019 to March 2020. The job is 100% full-time and main working hours will be evenings and night time. The northern lights department is located at the Arctic Adventure Center in Tromsø city centre. You are a person that is passionate about northern lights, photography and spending time with guests. You like to work with people with different nationalities and you are social and service-minded. Sharing photo-tips, stories about nature, wildlife and local history is something you have interest in.
You are an outdoor person who knows how to operate in cold conditions and understand how to use the weather and light forecasts to plan your tours. Being well-prepared and flexible are essential in your work as a guide. You will be working both independently and in cooperation with other drivers and guides.
Responsibilities and tasks//
– Guide northern lights tours (mini-bus and 9-seat car)
– Planning your tours (weather, light forecast, conditions)
– Preparations and organisation related to your tour (food, beverages, equipment, photographic equipment)
– Sending edited and watermarked photos to guests
– Backup and archive of all tour photos
– Take care of and maintenance equipment
– Experienced guide
– Experienced photographer specializing in night photography
– Strong knowledge of all mainstream camera systems
– Historical and cultural knowledge of Norway and the local area
– Valid kjøreseddel (an approvement from the Norwegian police for driving a vehicle with passengers)
– Driving experience in winter conditions (9-seat car, B licence)
– Speak fluent english and other languages is desirable
Application deadline: 15th May 2019
Please send following to Marilee Goulet, Northern Lights Manager – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A letter of interest
2. Your photography portfolio
Contact us for any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Visit our local shop
0047 908 11 320
Visit our shop in Tromsø city. Get updates on tours, weather, info and free coffee and wifi.